Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bug Net Sensory Bin


Here is our Sensory Bin to go with N is for Net
I wish I had a pic of the Boy's face in anticipation of the sensory bin. 
They have really come to love this time of the day and look forward to a new bin each week.

Items used in the sensory Bin. - I decided to dye macaroni noodles - a little bigger than rice and
easier to pick up. (LOL)


Each time we got the bin out I would show the boys how to match the bugs. By the end of the week Curious was matching bugs as well - It blew my mind to see him do it on his own. 
Good Job Curious!!!

They would collect bugs in their nets

put then in what we called observation tweezers

Put them in jars - J.B. would fill the jars with green macaroni noodles (grass) and beans (dirt) so they would live. - What a great imagination!!!

J.B. made a microscope to look at them. - I'm not really sure what he made but 
that is what it looks like.


Of course there was lots of scooping, pouring, and sorting.

They sure had a lot of fun with this. - What boy does not like bugs? 
I sure enjoyed watching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Kind or Encouraging Words - Thanks