Saturday, September 3, 2011

Who Am I and How God Knows Me

My Goal is to have a Theme each month. Since school started mid Aug - and it's all intro to what we are doing, and establishing our routine. Our Theme is light hearted and fun as well. Some schools do an All About Me segment for the beginning of school, and I copied some of those ideas.

Who Am I? How God Knows Me.  It is based out of Psalm 139 - How he knows everything about us.  I made these fun books for us to fill out.  Every thing from 1st, middle, and last names, hand prints, where I live, God made me with _____ eyes, and ______ hair - to favorite foods, fav color, etc.....


You can click on the link to view and print this book. It is set up for double sided printing.


Jumping Bean proudly showing off his book - Curious was not happy his picture was stuck on the book.


I traced the boys - then cut them out and hung them on the wall. Jumping Bean did a great job.


Wait where are you going? - Yes it took both Jumping Bean and myself to hold down one limb at a time and get him traced. Curious thought it was funny - so of corse moved around even more.


It's hard to see but I cut their outline out and hung it on the wall. A good tip - the local news miner puts out free left over new paper rolls - first come first serve - I missed out this time, but it great for all kinds of coloring projects! - Did I mention - it free!!


As part of the books, I had the boys put their hand prints in them. 
This went pretty well. - This was a good exercise for Curious to learn patients and taking turns. 



Jumping Bean really liked this!


So we made extra hand prints. - I later glued them to a file folder to make it firm - cut them out and laminated them with contact paper to make place mats. The boys like them. 


In an effort to teach Jumping bean where he lives We cut out our State (Alaska) and circled our town (Fairbanks) - He then glued it in. Curious went straight for the glue - then the glue went straight to his mouth - yuck!

To get an idea of our address I took the boys to the street sign with our address board. - yea it's still under construction like the house! - Then they glued this pic in their book too.


On the next page was their height and weight. - I did not get a chance to take a pic of the height. *Thank you to Aunt E for the use of her home and scale!*


A pic of the book layout. 

We did a page on God Created me with..... I brought the mirror in and they looked at their eye color and hair color then colored in the blank spots of the book.  - I did not get any pics of them coloring or looking in the mirror - bummer - I must have been to busy picking up crayons the curious had all over the place. 


The last page was My Favorites. Jumping Bean cut out his fav food, toys and likes and made a collage.
He did a good job cutting a pasting. I just decided to not attempt this with Curious after the last glue incident.


To go along with our theme I made a sensory bin - my 1st one. You can check out that post by clicking on this link.  Sensory Bin - Who Am I

Fun Things we used for our Theme:

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Kind or Encouraging Words - Thanks