Monday, August 22, 2011

School?

I had marked on my calendar that today would be the first day of school! Well the way things turn out and what I have planned are sometimes two different things. (hahaha) As far as material goes I'm ready. As for where and how? In process. My dear husband did get the school shelfs up for us this weekend. YEA!!!  So we spent today in the play/school room unpacking boxes of toys, books, games, and puzzles to go on the shelfs. The boys had soo much fun - seeing new stuff.




This is what we had waiting for us this morning. The door, trim, and other misc tool are still against the wall. Will probably stay there till they get put in. To those who do not know. We were using the school /  play room as a storage room for all of our appliances and stuff since we are living in the garage. 


The boys found the long lost train set - Curious did not know what to do with them. 
It was fun for me - frustrating for Jumping Bean to teach C to leave the track set up. 


Next we unpacked the puzzles - J love puzzles and went right to work on his new lap tray. C took all the pieces and put them in the pockets of the lap tray and was very pleased with his clean up. 



Next were books - lots and lots and lots of books. I tried to group them by theme, but little Curious was quick to help and the theme idea was not going so well. So we just put them on the shelf to get the job done. I'll reorganize again another day. 



So here is what we ended with today. School stuff on the left and toys on the right. It is not quite how I want it. That will probably take some time. I'm sure you will notice change as the year goes on. 
*A note to GGA* - the doll houses you made me just fit on top of these shelfs - I could not quite get them in the pic - but they look nice up there!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Kind or Encouraging Words - Thanks