Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tot Time

We are in week 2 of school - or play time. We officially started our Tot Time. (Play time for Curious.)  This is our time of day 30-min to 1-hr where I am teaching Jumping  Bean to interact with Curious. How to help him, have kind and encouraging words for him.  For Curious it's all about being curious.

 Last week - in some practice activity. I put all the pom-poms on the lap tray and just let him shovel and dump them in the bucket 

Later Jumping Bean and I made them into magnets for other school activities. 


This week I used some bins to display the Tot Time activities for Curious. The bins are not ideal, but it is what I have and so I will use them. I may add more depending on how this time goes, and how creative I can be.


Curious dug into the pom pom sort. I only gave him 2 colors and 2 cups. I helped sort the colors with him. He was more interested in filling up one cup and dumping it into another. - As you can see Jumping Bean is real engaged in interacting with Curious. (Hahaha)


Next he picked out quits, Curious did this about once, then he found all the extra empty bins and started putting the rings in the extra bins.



Last came the cars. We stacked them, then nested them too play peak - a - boo. Jumping Bean lined up all the extra bins and tried making patterns.



Items used for this weeks Tot Time



                          











No comments:

Post a Comment

For Kind or Encouraging Words - Thanks