Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Tot Activity

This was my 1st real attempt at color recognition with Curious.
He did really well!!
J.B. made the color trays and together J.B. and I started to teach Curious his colors.
He can say Blue and Yellow best - sometimes Green, has a real hard time with the R in Red, I don't think he said White at all. 

Here is J.B. painting the egg carton.

Finished color trays

Curious loved, loved, loved this activity!!!

He would choose a bell - J.B. would tell him the color, and I would point to the matching tray.
If he put the bell in the right tray we would cheer and clap for him. 
If he put it in the wrong tray we would say "uh oh!! try again!!"

Curious would play with this through out the whole month!
With Mom supervision - he still likes to put things in his mouth sometimes. 

J.B. was really into this activity as well - I gave him a magnet clip to try and pick up the bells
Turns out he discovered the bell were magnetic and used the magnet to pick up the bells instead.

This was a BIG HIT!!! I'm sure we will use the color trays for other fun sorting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Kind or Encouraging Words - Thanks