Monday, December 5, 2011

A is for Airplane

A is for Airplane!

 - The boys love airplanes so when I found the Airplane printables from Our Little Monkeys
(You can see more of Dawn's printables and other great ideas by clicking 
on her button under Blogs I Like. )
I knew I had to use them. This pic of Dad and the boys is from our Fall Flight With Dad post - you can check that out. 

Caleb would have taken them out for a flight but the weather would not allow. - Bummer!! The only thing I wish I would of have had time for - would be to print out a top view of a plane then go to the hanger and have Jumping Bean identify the parts of Dad's plane. - That would have been fun.
 - Well Curious when it's your turn we'll have to plan for it!

For the week of 11/28 - 12/2 we worked on Aa is for Airplane! We sure did have fun, 
which was a good thing - we were in need of a good fun school week. (LOL)


Morning Time with the Boys:


Jumping Bean and Curious making the letter Aa with play-doh.

J.B. likes to make funny faces, plus he gets his pic taken a lot - so when he asks to take my pic I do let him. - Often I do not post them! - (well because) - But this was pretty funny and we did laugh a lot!

The boys coloring their verse

This was awesome - Curious was showing me how to hold a crayon - then he colored!!!!!
A big step in showing interest - and actually participating!!!

Then in classic Curious style - He let me know he was done! (LOL)

Working on the letter A do-a-dot style. 
 Curious was making the Aa sound each time he made a dot.


The boys coloring the letter Aa 
Curious was showing me the letter A - then I helped him show me his letter A
Good job coloring J.B. 


One to One with Jumping Bean:


Cutting and pasting the Aa letter sheet. As J.B. glues them on we take about what Aa says


Some different handwriting practice.

Jumping Bean's most favorite!!! - Paint by number!!! 

sizing pilot's. 

Shadow matching - we started with them on the table - then moved to the pocket chart - so J.B. could stand and move around. 

I took clothes pins and numbered them 1-10 with the numbers spelled out

We used the Number clothes pins for our clothes pin counting. 

J.B. working on a What is different sheet - then a letter search. 
We just looked for the letters in the correct order.

We played a Race to the Airplane game. 
- J.B. is making great sound effects as his pilot moves towards his plane. 


School with Papa:

We had a surprise visit from Papa this week - during school - so J.B. and Papa worked on school together. It was funny to watch J.B. as he was really thinking he was teaching Papa how to do school! 
Papa may look like he was not having much fun - but deep down I think he did. (LOL)

Jumping Bean showing Papa how to sort pilots from planes. 

J.B. showing Papa shape matching.

J.B. showing Papa how to graph. 
When we were done we talked about what he rolled the most. 
What he rolled the least.

Papa and J.B. learning Vocab cards - Soft Aa (apple) from Hard Aa (airplane)
all of the soft Aa sound went on the soft green foam paper - (I did not have any green felt)


Raising Rock Stars:


Here is what our RRS - letter Aa looked like for the week of 11/28 - 11/2
Letter: Aa
Number: 12
Word: away
Color: Green
Verse: Proverbs 15:1

The boys coloring their Verse


J.B. and I did an activity on nice loving words vs unloving words.

Cut-n-tape our verse

It came time for the pic and he was not really up for it. I usually post happy, joy, joy pics - but reality is we all struggle. It was a good opportunity to remind him of loving words. (LOL) We all need that reminder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Kind or Encouraging Words - Thanks